Monday, May 10, 2010

New plants

I have two new plants from Mother's Day, thanks to Robby and Candace!  
I just repotted a dwarf Meyer Lemon. The lemon already has a dozen little lemons on it. This tree can live in a pot and blooms and fruits all year. The Meyer lemons are thin skinned and sweeter than most lemons.
So exciting!  I told Robs I wanted this one specific white hydrangea macrophylla and he found the exact thing, without me even telling him the name!  It is 'Madame Emile Mouillère’ a French heirloom, which has been in cultivation for 100 years.  White mopheads are hard to find.  This one blooms on both old and new wood which means it should bloom for months.  I love the green to white to green flowers.  I also read it should have good fall color.  All around a choice plant if I can make it grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment