Monday, March 14, 2011

Enjoying the fruits of the garden


This past week we ate asparagus, carrots, chard and peas, all picked and brought in just before the meal.  It is so fun!  Fresh veggies are nothing like the stuff from the store.  I am so happy we can do this. 

On Saturday we ceremoniously picked our little crop of Meyer lemons and made some lemondade.  And of course we are still eating oranges. 

I planted tomatoes yesterday, including a new kind called Solar Fire that is supposed to be heat tolerant.  Since most tomatoes start moping when temps hit 90 I am hopeful this one lives up to its name.  We are so enjoying the spring vegetables I hope this summer is as fruitful. 

1 comment:

  1. "Solar Fire" is some name! I almost expected it to be a spicy tomato.

    Your crop looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete