Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rain!

Robby had this poem in third grade.  It was so him that puddly rain to me is always kittens, pansies, diamond rain drops, and fun times with Robby. 

Rain in the Night by Amelia Burr
Raining, raining,
All night long;
Sometimes loud, sometimes soft,
Just like a song.
There'll be rivers in the gutters
And lakes along the street.
It will make our lazy kitty
Wash his little dirty feet.
The roses will wear diamonds
Like kings and queens at court;
But the pansies all get muddy
Because they are so short.
I'll sail my boat to-morrow
In wonderful new places,
But first I'll take my watering-pot
And wash the pansies' faces.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I know this, but I don't know if it's because you've posted it before or read it to me before. It's a really cute one!

    ReplyDelete