Saturday, July 2, 2011

Harvest

This morning Jerry picked the plum tree clean and I went to Rosalee's and picked about 50 lbs of apricots.  Then I worked all day getting them 'put up'.   I made plum jam and apricot jam.  I froze apricots, canned apricots and put a pan in to dry under  the lights in the oven.  I put about a third of the apricots in a sealed bowl in the fridge, thinking of apricot tart for the 4th of July.  I filled the fridge fruit bin with plums and gave a bagful to the neighbors.  Then I made somc cookies!  Whew!  What a day.  I did not join Jerry for a bike ride this evening.  No pics.  Too tired to make it pretty, but feeling quite virtuous.  : ) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Great job, Debbie. I'm looking forward to enjoying your harvest soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Debbie! I wish I were in Visalia to help you eat it all!

    ReplyDelete