Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Community Supported Agriculture

I just got my first basket from Family Farm Fresh, locally grown, fresh, pesticide free produce delivered right to my door.  I love this concept.  For a year or so we got Abundant Harvest Organics, which Jerry picked up across the street from his work.  I loved MOST of their stuff, but not all.  Sorry, but my first encounter with eggplant back in college was my last...  Plus sometimes I just have plenty of something here and do not need more.  So enter Family Farm Fresh, which allows us to say, no thanks we have plenty of oranges this week, or ew yuck, baby bok choy! you have to be kidding me.  : )  We will see how the quality compares over time.  I was in love with the Nantes carrots from Wiley Farms in Kingsburg and Family Farm Fresh thinks they are not quite local enough.  The plan is to grow my own Nantes carrots.  For this week we have apples, pears, avocados, broccoli, cauliflower, baby turnips, and lettuce.  Check out the CSA opportunities in your neighborhood... localharvest

No comments:

Post a Comment