Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weeding Technique

My usual style for pulling weeds is squat, pluck, stand, walk to weed bucket, deposit, repeat.  While I think squats make for excellent exercise it does not take long to start thinking OK that is enough aerobic exercise for one day.  So this week I decided to try Jerry's style.  He has been encouraging me to use the hula hoe so I did, on the open areas with no flowers.  Then I crawled around and picked up what I hoed, since the grass weeds have set seed.  Yesterday and today I used his technique of weeding on hands and knees while pushing the weed pan along ahead of me.  I actually got quite a bit more ground covered.  I wonder if working twice as long adds up to as much energy expended.  It feels like a possibility  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment