Saturday, April 2, 2011

Satisfying Saturday

I am so excited!  We spent the day doing yard work, Jerry steadily working away all day and me running in and out, in and out, pulling weeds and making drinks and lunch and watching bits of P Allen Smith at Home which has been picked up by our local PBS station.  Then, inspiration struck!  What a great creative compromise!  I have always wanted to fence in the back garden, thinking it would look better and make more sense in the yard if it were contained.  Jerry on the other hand loves wide open spaces and has absolutely not wanted any fences inside the yard.  Today I very suddenly thought of using the pile of what used to be concrete edging to make an enclosure, or at least the idea of such.  I have 'ruins' made from the same concrete in the side yard, so the theme is continued.  I love this!  It reminds me of books where the characters stumble into some old ruined cottage remains and find the decades old garden still growing.  I will feel terrible tomorrow I am sure, as it was hard work, but so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment